The first level certification for USA Volleyball officials. This referee has met minimum standards for first year officials as well as the following:
- Proper professional demeanor and skill as a first referee
- Second referee: Exhibits basic understanding of responsibilities and performs common duties efficiently
- Expanded rules knowledge including back row player identification
- Fully understands and applies individual sanctions; shows basic understanding of delay sanctions
- Aware of basic alignment and overlap issues
- Demonstrates reasonable match control for 16s, 17s, and 18s competition
- Proficient with scoring and Libero tracking systems
Provisional certified referees may go outside the Region to work USAV sanctioned events.
- Attend a Great Plains Region Certified Officials Clinic.
- Register with the Great Plains Region
- Submit and clear the USA Volleyball Background Screening
- Complete the SafeSport training
- Be evaluated by a Jr Nat or Nat as R1(1) and R2 (1) in the certification cycle
- Complete and submit a minimum of one USAV scoresheet
- Complete the referee Exam A and correct to 100%