The second and highest level of certification for USA Volleyball officials that the Region can award to a referee. Must have held a Provisional certification for at least one season, preferably two.
- Attention to professional detail: demeanor, attitude, appearance, teamwork, time management
- Exhibits competence, confidence, and match control as a first referee
- Properly focused as second referee, demonstrating competent skill in primary areas of R2 responsibility
- Recognizes advanced alignment and overlap issues
- Exhibits “partnership” with first referee; offers appropriate discreet help including back row
- Willing to serve as role model and mentor for lesser experienced referees
- Aptitude to deal with difficult match situations
- Quick to resolve scoring issues
Regional certified referees may go outside the Region to work at USAV sanctioned events.
- Attend a Great Plains Region Certified Officials Clinic.
- Register with the Great Plains Region
- Submit and clear the USA Volleyball Background Screening
- Complete the SafeSport training
- Be evaluated by a Jr Nat or Nat as R1(1) and R2 (1) in the certification cycle
- Complete and submit a minimum of one USAV scoresheet
- Complete the referee Exam A and correct to 100%